James Hardie Siding
James Hardie siding is available in different styles, textures, colours, and finishes. In the freezing climate of the Great White North, Jamie Hardie siding can withstand (almost) anything. Get your free estimate on selected items from Buildmart.
James Hardie siding is made using fibre cement makeup that is durable and low maintenance. Insects, rot, or decay will be the least of your worries because the product’s properties and ingredients are resistant to it.
James Hardie Siding Ottawa
Are you looking for a good siding installation company near me?
Buildmart is the right company to hire in Ottawa. We buy our products from the best dealers, and we have different types of siding options in a comprehensive collection.
We have placed a great deal of confidence in our products’ quality and the dependability of our professionals who work around the clock to install whatever siding you want to buy. Reliability is crucial, so when you contact us, we will work with you to get the James Hardie siding of your choice and put it up professionally to serve you for years.
James Hardie Siding Features and Benefits
- James Hardie is tough, just like cement, but the material can be cut and nailed easily on walls.
- The siding provides maximum protection against insects, woodpeckers, hail, heat, and strong winds because of its durable and long-lasting design.
- It requires low maintenance, meaning you won’t have to spend extra dollars maintaining the panels.
- Upon installation, a 30-year limited warranty is provided.
- There are more than 25 pre-finished colours from which you can choose.
- James Hardie siding boasts weathering resistance and zero water absorption.
Hardie Siding Styles and Designs
|Architectural design||Description||Actual Size||Exposure||Pcs/Square||Unit Size|
|Lap Siding||8.25×12 cedarmill Lap||8.25×12||7″||15||210|
|Panels||4’×10′ smooth Panel
4’×10′ cedarmill Panel
|Shingles||Straight edge shingles
Staggered edge shingles
|Battens||4/4×2.5″ smooth batten
4/4×2.5″ rough sawn batten
Hardie Siding Canada: Colours
There are many available colour options you can choose to protect your exterior while maintaining the beauty of the house. Statement collection and primed collection offer an array of colours, and you can pick the one that is most appealing to your eye.
There is also a custom colour collection for buyers looking for something specific. Here are some of the James Hardie siding Canada colours in Ottawa:
- Navajo Beige;
- Khaki Brown;
- Cobble Stone;
- Arctic White;
- Monterey Taupe;
- Pearl Gray;
- Gray Slate;
- Timber Bark;
- Boothbay Blue;
- Iron Gray.
Hardie Siding Installation
We recommend using the services provided by our professionals. However, for those who can DIY, here’s how we install James Hardie siding:
The required tools for installation:
- Protective equipment;
- Pneumatic sliding nail gun;
- 16-gauge finish nail gun for the trim;
- Tape measure and pencil;
- Circular saw of your choice;
- Saw blade.
How we install the siding:
- Make and install a starter strip;
- Find stud closest to 12′ out from the trim;
- Leave a 1/18″ gap between siding and trim;
- Nail the first plank;
- Ensure joint flashing has been installed before nailing the end of the plank;
- Slip a piece of joint flashing behind the plank;
- Nail 3/8 from the edge of the plank;
- Stagger field joints every 32″ when installing the next course (for better aesthetics);
- Follow the previous steps.
We follow this procedure, plus other industry best practices not listed here, to ensure that once your siding is up, it remains up.
Note that you will need a professional with the knowledge and experience to carry out the installation project.
Hardie Siding Installation: Documents
The following resources are for the proper installation process and should always be consulted, especially for first-time installers who have never done this before:
- James Hardie Siding installation guide;
- James Hardie care and maintenance;
- James Hardie product catalogue;
- James Hardie panel warranty (limited warranty).
Why Choose Us
When deciding on something you have to live with for years, you should exercise great care, especially when dealing with house siding. We, at Buildmart, are a leading company in serving our buyers with the right products and the right tools required to make your home durable and retain or increase its market value.
We deliver special and custom orders on time and aim to please every client who comes to us. Our products are available all year round, and the delivery is initiated once you make your order.
In our catalogue, you’ll find:
- James Hardie pre-finished siding;
- James Hardie primed siding;
- James Hardie custom colour siding.
We offer our services 24/7, and our online systems leverage the up-to-date technology needed for online sales and deliveries.
You can reach us through our website or visit our offices in Ottawa, Canada, for more information. We are the right company to take away all your siding problems.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I choose James Hardie and not vinyl siding?1
It is essential to know what is best for your house's exterior and pick an option that lasts for decades. James Hardie is a bit more expensive than vinyl because of its benefits and features. However, many homes have installed James Hardie siding, which has great returns compared to the costs.
Are there other colours available apart from the ones listed?2
Yes. With over 700 colour options available, you can make your custom order and get any unique colour you need for your house.
Do I need maximum maintenance like the steel siding?3
James Hardie is a very low-maintenance siding and won't run your pocket dry. Unlike steel, it doesn't rust or rot like wood, making it a great choice, especially in harsh Canadian climates.