Longboard products are perfect for any residential project. Longboard is 100% recyclable, non-combustible, and VOC-free. Get your free estimate on selected items.
A longboard is a type of siding that comes in over 20 wood grain variants and offers an impressive list of solid colour options. It is generally made from aluminum and mimics the look of wood.
Longboard aims to push product innovation and quality, deliver excellent customer care and industry-best lead times and advance construction sustainability by developing materials that cut carbon emissions throughout their life cycle.
Types of Longboard Siding
The cladding comprises 24-foot-long aluminum with thicknesses ranging from 1.57 to 1.78 mm and widths ranging from 4 to 6 inches. It’s anodized to make it more resistant to corrosion and UV harm. It’s also powder-coated to provide a more resistant surface, with an incredible selection of finishes.
The fasteners are hidden and included in the tongue and groove profiles, allowing for a quick and relatively simple installation with near-invisible joints. Longboard siding comes in two styles: V-grove and Channel, with j-channels, corners, and other components that match the profiles perfectly for a polished aesthetic.
Features & Benefits of Longboard Siding
There are several features and benefits to buying Longboard products. Let’s look at some of them:
- Green — All Longboard items are 100% recyclable, free of VOCs and LBCs, created using a chrome-free pretreatment, made with hydroelectric power, and can help you achieve LEED points. Longboard siding options are therefore environmentally friendly.
- Low maintenance — Traditional cladding material tends to be organic or made with materials that end up cracking, peeling, bending, or that require continuous maintenance to keep up appearances. A longboard is made using aluminum, which does not need to be continuously maintained.
- Fire-resistant — Longboard exterior siding products go through a slew of tests to ensure that they can withstand things like fire. Even though your façade may have the elegant look of wood, it won’t have the same vulnerability to fire, given that it is aluminum.
- Durable — Undoubtedly, metal lasts longer than most materials, so you can expect your longboard metal siding to last long. The powder coating enhances durability, which offers even better weather resistance.
- Wooden appearance — Even though longboard siding is aluminum, it does not have to make your house look like a tin can. Advances in materials have allowed manufacturers to create variations that mimic wood with such accuracy it is hard to tell you’re looking at aluminum.
Another fact about Longboard siding is that any water used in the production and preparation process is returned to the environment clean because of the water filtering technology used in manufacturing.
Styles, Designs & Colours
There are several colour choices to fit any house, including dark acacia, dark bamboo, light bamboo, dark fir, light fir, dark knotty pine, white oak, Italian rosewood, western cedar, light cherry, dark cherry, national mahogany, light national walnut, table walnut and more.
You can use these or solid colours to get the perfect look, or mix and match them to create a unique look.
Longboard Siding Installation
Longboard siding installation is available from various suppliers in Ottawa and do-it-yourselfers who are confident in their abilities. However, the manufacturer’s guarantee does not cover losses incurred during the installation procedure, so we provide professionals to do the job.
Furthermore, inaccurate estimates result in additional materials being left over that are not returnable, pushing up the project price tag. We recommend taking to our experts, who will provide you with thorough consultation and calculations before completing a faultless Longboard aluminum siding installation.
Why Choose Us
We are a leading Canadian supplier of housing materials and have qualified members of staff who will deliver quality in terms of both supplies and installation. We’ll do the task on schedule and follow the manufacturer’s instructions and your preferences.
In addition to that, we offer consultation and are ready to answer your questions to help in the buying, installation, and care process of your longboard siding Canada.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Longboard siding made of?1
Longboard siding is a popular siding option that is composed of lightweight aluminum. It is simple to install and maintain.
How long does aluminum siding last?2
According to the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors, sturdy and resilient aluminum siding can last 40 years or more. However, it may require painting every 5-10 years. Aluminum has the advantage of taking paint easily, making it simple to maintain or even alter your home's colour.
Aluminum siding or vinyl siding near me: which is less expensive?3
Although aluminum siding is often less expensive than vinyl siding, there is a reason behind this. Vinyl siding offers a higher cost-to-recovery ratio and will boost the resale value of your property more than aluminum siding. However, aesthetics and preferences may make the cost analysis moot because you can always get what you have your heart set on.