Side Entrance Doors
We install side entrance doors in Ottawa and nearby cities. Buildmart door is your best choice if you are looking for quality and durability.
A door is just an entry and exit point for many homeowners, but here at Buildmart, a side entrance door is more than that. A side entry door is supposed to make your home in Ottawa stand out from the rest and enhance an extra personal touch and character!
As such, we always strive to provide our clientele with stunning side entrance doors with uncompromised security and a high level of energy efficiency to keep your energy bills low and welcome your guests in style while keeping unwanted out. With Buildmart, all that you get is a complete package that suits your preferences!
What is a side entrance door?
A side entrance door is a door typically installed in many larger Canadian homes to enhance the convenience of accessing your home. Sometimes you might find it quite inconvenient to exit and enter your home via the front or back door. In this case, installing a side door is the best solution.
Types of side entrance doors to buy
Side entrance doors play a crucial role in your modern home in Ottawa. They create the first impression about your home, and as such, you should choose side entrance doors that express your personality and aesthetic. Of course, you need to go for a well-functioning entry door that suits your daily needs.
Here are some common options:
- Glass side entrance door – this is the best option if you need a side door in Ottawa that allows natural light into your rooms. Since it does not offer much security, you can install curtains. We recommend choosing a double-paned door rather than a single-paned one since the former provides enhanced security and insulation.
- Door with glass panels – maybe you need a glass door but do not want to compromise on privacy. In this case, opt for a side door patio with glass panels.
- Double side entrance doors – add a touch of elegance to your home with double side entry doors. They are great options for creating an appealing first impression. They also offer a lot of space when you want to move into something big.
- Solid side wood entrance doors – the beauty of wood is unparalleled, and this would be a great feature if it is something that people see first when they come to your home. However, wood entrance doors come at a higher cost compared to other options.
- Steel side entrance doors – if security is your main concern, we recommend that you opt for a steel side entry door. Besides, they are also energy efficient.
- Fibreglass doors – with their ever-growing preference amongst homeowners, you would want to try them out for your side front door. They resemble wood and don’t require a lot of maintenance as wood doors do. They also provide excellent insulation and are resistant to extreme weather elements.
- Side entrance doors with sidelights – perhaps you want the beauty of wood or the strength of steel but need natural lighting in your home. In this case, supplementing these doors with sidelights will go a long way.
Features and benefits of side entrance doors
- Side entrance doors offer more accessible access to your home – in most cases when you install this door to your home, you are adding it to the back or side of your home. This makes your dwelling more accessible from any direction. It can also be used for safety purposes.
- Increased curb appeal – adding a side entry door to your home not only makes your home more attractive, but the door itself works to jazz up an otherwise dull space. Curb appeal often comes in handy when you think about selling your home. This is something most buyers will be keen to note.
- For kids and pets – pets and kids are habitually on the move in and out of the house. An exterior side door ensures that they don’t have to go through the main home and hence minor interruptions in your home.
Installation and replacement of side entry doors
For a smooth installation of your exterior side door for the house in Ottawa, we recommend that you work with Buildmart experts to help you bring your renovation project to fruition. Since side doors are installed as a renovation project, so many things can go wrong if the installation is done unprofessionally.
Therefore, only do DIY if you are a professional service installer.
Manufacturers of our side entry doors
Well, you could be asking where we get our side entrance doors; we source our doors from reputable doors and windows suppliers such as STAGE, WindowPro, Ostaco, Dimensions, among others.
Regardless of the design and colour variation you are looking for, our selection will leave you unsure what to choose, but don’t worry, as our experts are always ready to help you choose the best units for your home. Shopping for and installation of side doors has never been as exciting and satisfying as with Buildmart!
How long does it take to install a side front door?1
This depends on the type of door. Typically, installing the door takes between 2 - 5 hours.
What materials are used to make side entrance doors?2
You can choose side entrance doors made of glass, wood, fibreglass, steel, and even aluminum.
What material should I select for my side entry door?3
There is no particular material you should opt for your side entrance doors. It is all about your preferences and needs. Factors like your budget and the style of your home play a part when choosing a side entry door material.
How do I choose the right colour for my side exterior door?4
You would need to consider the colour scheme of your home so that the colour of the door you choose matches that. Our experts can advise you on the best available options and help you choose the best one that matches your home.